What a month! This month the challenge was truly challenging. The fabulous component is a clasp, a coin clasp made by Niky Sayers. And its an Irish hare coin.
Now I love this as the hare is “my” animal. And I am of Celtic/Irish descent. And it looks like a full moon, and brings to mind the lunar hare that is my icon, and new logo. SO clearly this is destined for me to keep!
I knew I waned to make a bracelet – as that best shows off the clasp as focal. And there I got stuck. Because there e are SO MANY options. OK _ something I can wear daily with my Fitbit. ( I like my Fitbit, but MUST accessorize/disguise it.)
I debated so much… my favorite stones? chunky statement stones? symbolic stones chosen for their attributes to make it more of a talisman? And my favorite stones won!
I know that this is an exceptionally simple, dare I say boring design. But I it means a lot to me and I will wear it all the time!
On a side note, here are some of these gems attributes:
- Garnet: unyielding strength, increasing willpower, vitality.
- Moonstone: the magic of the moon – encourages communication by promoting clear thinking, inspiration and receptivity
- Labradorite: For self-discovery, it is excellent for awakening one’s own awareness of inner spirit, intuition and psychic abilities.
- Smoky quartz: endurance, fostering serenity, calmness and positive thoughts,to protect and ground one physically and spiritually
Thanks to Niky for a lovely piece – and thanks for understanding my simple design choices…
Please visit my team mates and our guests! Enjoy!
Art Element Team
- Claire Fabian
- Cathy Spivey Mendola
- Susan Kennedy
- Caroline Dewison
- Lesley Watt
- Diana Ptaszynski
- Lindsay Starr
- Laney Mead
- Niky Sayers
- Jenny Davies-Reazor ( you are here)